As stated earlier, I finally managed to get the engine back in Vandejo. But, there seems to be an issue. The torque converter has play in it, from front to back, even after tightening it up to flex plate. The new bolts I got from the local vw shop said M8.8 on them and while they did fit and tighten up, Bentley calls for an M8 ….not M8.8. Even though I was able to torque the bolts down properly, I was still able to turn them more, without ever seeming to end or get harder to turn. Is suspect this is related to the problem I am having. To get a better idea of the ‘play’ I am talking about with the torque converter, check out the movie below
I’m heading up to a friends house tonight to pick up an ATV jack so I can take the engine back out and take a look. I’m frustrated with my self for not having checked the new bolts in the torque converter before having put the engine in. For clarity, this is in regards to the three bolts that hold the torque converter to the flex plate.